Much has changed since our company was founded
in 1969 to serve the needs of the business community. Area companies at that time looked to us to provide and service basic business machines: typewriters, adding machines, cash registers, etc. As new innovations became available, our customers relied on us to provide the latest advancements. We evolved from AB Dick copiers to offset press machines to the beginning of today’s digital copiers in 1998 for both black and white and color copies. Today, the company goes far beyond copiers to offer software solutions, multi-function copiers and other technology to help our customers grow into the future. We are proud that many of our customers have been with us through much or all of these technological transitions, and we look forward to continuing to meet their needs into the future.
Today the company is led by owners Ken Scoville and Scott Thurmond. Their company is a story of success that has bred long term relationships: employees with tenures 10 years or longer, customers with decades of loyalty. Our customers know that we go the extra mile. It’s the DSI way. Our employees are committed to unsurpassed quality. That is the DSI way.
- 1969: Roy Gatchell began Business Machine Company.
- 1974: Gene Allen joined as partner and Terry Trotochaud as salesman. A.B. Dick office products introduced.
- 1978: Terry Trotochaud and Gene Allen purchased company and changed name to Duplicating Systems, Inc.
- 1983: Augusta office opened on April 15.
- 1991: Ken Scoville joins company and brings computer and programming talents to organization.
- 1993: Scott Thurmond joins company and leads expansion of Augusta office.
- 1994: Terry Trotochaud buys shares owned by Gene Allen.
- 2008: Ken Scoville and Scott Thurmond purchase Duplicating Systems, Inc. (DSI) from sole owner Terry Trotochaud.
- Today: Duplicating Systems, Inc. covers 26 counties from Georgia Piedmont to Central Savannah River Area plus five counties in South Carolina.